10 Signs That You Need a Stronger Energetic Boundary
Our energetic boundary is part of a larger system of boundaries that work together. On the physical level, we have our skin to keep things like germs out of our body. In our emotional being, we use our words and body language to define our emotional boundaries, in order to define our own emotional identity.
All of these boundaries work together to assist us in defining what is and is not us, and to enable us to live authentically.
It can be pretty clear when our physical and emotional boundaries are in need of repair. But how can we tell when our energetic boundary is in need of some TLC?
The top 10 signs our energetic boundary needs tending
1. We get easily overwhelmed
2. We feel drained before, during or after our interactions with others, even those we love
3. We feel as if we “pick up” the emotions or energy of those we spend time with
4. Our breath is regularly shallow and high in our chest, or we often hold our breath
5. We regularly feel scattered, spacy or floaty
6. We feel the essence or presence of other people in our personal energetic space when they are no longer around us
7. We easily get entangled in other people’s drama, stresses, illnesses and emotions
8. We find it difficult or impossible to have conversations with those who have ideas, opinions, or religious or political beliefs that differ from ours
9. We regularly rely on emotional or energetic walls between us and other people, to feel safe
10 . We avoid events, activities or people that we love because they are too overwhelming
Recognize these signs?
Setting and keeping sound energetic boundaries is essential for energy-sensitive, empathic, and intuitive folks. However, it is one of least talked about and taught skills. Further still, often energetic protection tools are taught as boundaries, despite not being boundaries at all. Sensitive folks have so many gifts to share, but it is only when we have our boundaries to keep us safe that we can fully learn how to work with our gifts.
If you would like more information on how to create simple, clear, loving energetic boundaries with your own presence check out my first book, Energetic Boundaries 101. It is a fully illustrated (and fun read) on how to create and maintain clear and loving energetic boundaries.
Joanna is the author of Energetic Boundaries 101. She is a shamanic practitioner, animal communicator and mentor. She works, writes lives and tends to the important matters of spirit-energy with playful, transparency and honesty.
She works with clients all over the globe from her healing studio that is lovingly nestled between Mt Baker and the Salish sea, in Bellingham, WA.