What a modern shaman is and how they can help you
Modern Medicine People
Shamanism is an ancient healing art form and has existed in some form within every culture on earth from North America, Europe, Iceland and beyond. Long ago, shamans were the main go-to healers for their communities. They served as bridges, bridging the physical and tangible with the realms of spirit, nature, and subtle energy. They were often also the midwives, herbalists and spiritual leaders of the communities. They helped lead the community to the best hunting grounds, created rituals, rites of passages and helped the sick and elderly cross over when it was their time.
Most modern shamanic practitioners have one or more of these specialties, be it herbs, creating sacred ceremonies or healing.
Me? I was born and seem to be hard-wired to be a bridge between the physical and energetic and to locate and create re-connections and balance between spirit & earth, between body and spirit-energy.
How a shamanic practitioner can help you
People seek out modern shamanic practitioners to get support with the kind of issues that we don't always have language for. Some people describe feeling as though something is missing, or they need some support, but they are not quite sure what it is they need. New clients often report feeling "off", or as if a part of them is regularly out of time or lost in space. Other times people have a more clear idea of their struggle or a trauma or major life event they are looking for ongoing spirit support for.
Modern medicine does an amazing job at helping us live longer and healthier, physically. However, there is little to no room for the non-physical aspects of our being to be witnessed, heard and tended to within hospitals and doctors offices.
This is where modern shamanic practitioners step in to lend a hand, as we are masters of tending to matters of the heart and spirit.
We bear witness and help you make sense of the energetic oddities that cross your path, help you mend aspects of your heart and soul after a break-up or a death in the family, and we are here to give you tools and skills to feel whole and authentic in your life and relationships.
10 reasons people seek out the help of a shamanic practitioner
1. Compassionate support following a shock, trauma, or major life change
2. Energetic support for grief and loss
3. Help in transforming personal stories and energetic habits
4. Help to understand unusual experiences such as feeling a departed loved one in the home or spontaneous nature or animal communication
5. Additional energetic support while healing physically from an illness
6. Assistance in discovering the energetic contributors of pain, illness and life imbalances
7. Support and skill building to manage energetic sensitivities and empathic traits
8. Energetic clearing of energy, personal space or life, and relationships
9. Assistance in better understanding patterns or possibilities that life holds, with the help of shamanic divination
10. Help in accessing & re-connecting with the spiritual and energetic aspects to one's self, with regular energetic tune-up sessions
Joanna is the author of Energetic Boundaries 101. She is a shamanic practitioner, animal communicator and mentor. She works, writes lives and tends to the important matters of spirit-energy with playful, transparency and honesty.
She works with clients all over the globe from her healing studio that is lovingly nestled between Mt Baker and the Salish sea, in Bellingham, WA.