Shamanism isn't a novelty, it is vital self-care
Do you have under-nourished aspects of your spirit?
Can you sense the vital creative aspects of you that is placed on the back burner? Or the tender intuitive aspect of your spirit that gets tucked away when life feels too full? Or perhaps you can sense an aspect of yourself that feels so hungry for the chance to be seen and witnessed and needs permission to come out of hiding?
A Beautiful template for energetic self-care
In the years of working with earth-based shamanic practices, one of the qualities love the most is the beautiful template it offers us to support our doing our inner work. It offers rituals to shed and release aspects of ourselves and life we have outgrown, inner spirit-journeys to reclaim forgotten inner gifts and ceremony to celebrate rites personal rites of passages.
I also love the ways shamanic practices lend so beautifully to our energetic self-care. In that, with some guidance and practice, anyone can learn to journey and have direct, personal contact with Spirit and that which they consider sacred. Which in itself can be profoundly nourishing and empowering.
5 gifts shamanism offers to our self-care
As weird and indescribable as shamanism may feel to us sometimes, the practices and modalities it offers us for our self-care for spirit, soul and energy are undeniable. Here are a my top five favorite gifts it offers us…
1. Shamanism helps us maintain a connection to our core-selves. Shamanism offers us the inner listening skills we need to locate, tend and nourish the aspects of ourselves that are chronically left out of our life, our relationships and our self that otherwise are not given the chance to be seen, heard loved and to belong.
2. Shamanism helps us maintain connection to that which we consider sacred. Shamanism offers us tangible ways to remain in connection with that which we consider sacred in our every day life through ceremony, journeying and direction connection with our allies.
3. Shamanism helps us remain resourced and graceful in transformations. Shamanism offers practices and tools to help us gracefully, harmoniously and mindfully transform our relationships with the people and situations we are in process of outgrowing, such as outdated ideas, concepts and life stages.
4. Shamanism helps us remain in balance and resourced. Shamanism offers us tools and inner resources to remain rooted, grounded and centered, even during those times we feel we need to run or hide or exist with our tail between our legs.
5. Shamanism helps us nourish ourselves during natural cycles of life. Shamanism offers us tools and practices to celebrate, mark, tend to, honor and nourish ourselves during times of growth, unfurling, blooming, ripening, releasing and letting go.
Is it time to tend to your spirit?
Shamanic care can help you feel centered, and resourced enough to be the creative, wild and connected humans we want to be…
You can set up a session using my online schedule
Joanna is the author of Energetic Boundaries 101. She is a shamanic practitioner, animal communicator and mentor. She works, writes, lives and tends to the important matters of spirit and energy with playful, transparency and honesty.
She works with clients all over the globe from her healing studio that is lovingly nestled between Mt Baker and the Salish sea, in Bellingham, WA.